Online MBA Application Requirements
Chico will be waiving the GRE/GMAT requirement for all Online MBA applicants through the spring 2023 term. Students applying to the Online MBA program through the spring 2023 term do not need to request a waiver for these exams.
All applicants to the CSU Chico Online MBA program must possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a GPA of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) over the last 60 units of credit and 3.0 over the last 30 units of credit. These are minimum requirements and merely meeting these thresholds does not guarantee admission. Preference will be given to applicants with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher. Admission to the Online MBA program is competitive and high-quality, early applicants have a better chance of admission.
Additional Online MBA application requirements are as follows:
- Completed online application
- A $70 application fee is required to submit this application
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Official transcripts should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
California State University, Chico
400 West First Street
Chico, CA 95929-0875
- GMAT or GRE scores
- GMAT score of at least 570 or GRE score of at least 303 preferred
- A GMAT/GRE waiver is available through spring 2023 for qualified applicants
- Current resume or CV
- Personal statement of 1 to 2 pages addressing the following questions:
- Discuss your background and why you want an MBA
- What makes you a strong candidate for our Online MBA program?
- One letter of recommendation from a professional colleague, supervisor/manager, or academic instructor
- Applicant: During the application process, applicant will provide the name and email address of recommender. The letter must be submitted through the Cal State Apply system by the recommender prior to the application deadline. It is important that applicants keep an eye on the progress of recommendation letter submission and remind recommenders as the deadline approaches.
- Recommender: Letter of recommendation will be provided electronically as part of the application process. The letter must be submitted through the Cal State Apply system prior to the application deadline.
No work experience is required to apply to the Online MBA program!